Pages

Wellness Wednesday

Well the Christmas tree is down, birthday festivities completed and holidays are over.  Now is the time to focus on the goals of 2012! 

Note that I used the word goals not resolutions - there is a difference.  A resolution is simply a statement of intention - "I will lose weight" (one I have made all too often - and yet I fail!) whereas a goal is a result or achievement toward which effort is directed and they require some planning and thought. Goals should be SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time-specific) and when they are not is when they go unreached. It's more realistic to say on December 31 that "by February 1, I want to lose 5lbs" - its has a realistic, attainable number with an end date that can be measured.

So as I resolve to be healthier, more organized and appreciate what I have - I need to have some goals to get to an end result.  I have set out to focus on small changes through the upcoming months.  First I am focusing on my health and well being.

With that said my first goal is to take my vitamins! (I am horrible at this - I always, always forget!) but starting this morning I have taken measures to make this attainable.  I started with 3 types (multi, B12 and Vit D), I have placed them in a pill box for the week, on the kitchen counter where I prepare my breakfast. I have given myself the month of January to make it a continual habit and the pills already being set out make it attainable and measurable as I can visibly see if I have forgotten.

It may seem like a small little thing but it is a stepping stone to a bigger outcome.  A few of my other goals this month include: eating more vegetables, going to bed earlier and planning meals for the week.

What are your goals for 2012, if you care to share? Feel free to comment!

xoxo

Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say!