Pages

Greta is ONE!

The saying that the days are long but the years are fast feels so true today.  I can't believe it has been a year since lil' Miss G come into our lives. In some ways it feel like just yesterday I was sitting beside her isolette in the NICU day in and day out, and other days it feela like a distant memory.


Over the last few days, I have been reflecting on that time. Thinking back to how unexpectedly, she enter this world at just 2 lbs 7 oz, so itty bitty it's hard to remember her that small. Her first breath was probably the hardest one she'll ever have to take, but her little body didn't waiver, yet persevered and with each day the breaths got easier and she got a little stronger.  I still see that strength in her everyday as she is feisty, determined, and I believe as she gets a little older stubborn may be a word I'll use to describe her.  These are not bad traits - as I look at them as traits of a fighter, one who has taken on this big world and with a strong-will is determined to conquer it no matter what it takes.  I often wonder where she get her strength, as at times I feel weak thinking back on how my body could not carry and care for her as long as it should have, but then I am reminded that her early arrival made me stronger as well, and I would not have be handed that experience if I wasn't stronger enough to handle it.  The experience taught me love, strength, compassion, and support that I am so grateful for and that has shaped me into the woman and mother I am today.  






Greta is truely a blessing, our little pearl from heaven that was sent to remind us just how precious and fragile life can be, yet if you surround things in love and nurture it with grace it can blossom into the most beautiful gem you've ever seen. Although it seems like the first year has gone so fast I am looking forward to the coming years as we continue to watch her strive, grow, and develop. She is most certainly on her way to becoming a little lady, the apple of her father's eye, and my little side kick! As she grows a little more independent, I will recall the days spent with her lying on my chest or cuddles in my arms - and cherish the moments those cuddles are still wanted.  


Here's to a year, sweet girl, looking forward to many more years of memories. 

xo

p.s. Greta's Garden Party birthday is this Sunday, following over on Instagram for sneak peeks hope to have a post next week with some of the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say!