Pages

Morning Sounds

Baby babbles.

Coffee percolating.

Furry paws tapping across the hardwood.

Vent blowing warm air.

Toast popping from the toaster.

These are sounds that fill our home every morning - they are the heartbeat of our home

Sadly, these are sounds I often don't drink in as much as I should.  Life is busy - especially at this time of the year and as a mom - but it's important to sit, listen and just be still as these sounds can and will change. Those babbles will soon become words. I may be too rushed for school/work to listen to the coffee perk. Life changes, often too quickly.

This weekend I briefly skimmed through an edition of Kinfolk while waiting for friends to meet me for brunch at a cafe in a bookstore.  I came across this essay and it resonated.  Life is busy and we often don't take enough time to take in our surroundings or just think.  I'm guilty of having a brief moment and aimlessly scrolling through social media, thinking of the million things I need to do or have the TV running in the background - I'm never just still and soaking it in. 

Take a moment this busy holiday season to listen, to think, or just be still.

Your soul will thank-you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say!